A Quick Note on Self Care

A hot cup of hot chocolate, silken smooth fogs up my glasses as I take a sip. The smooth liquid gold floats down my throat as I prop my feet up on my bed and open my book. I sit and I gaze upon the pages sucked into an alternate dimension. With that, self- care is important and should not be skipped upon. In a daily week, students constantly stress over the next math test or completion of the next project. On top of that, they participate in extracurriculars like sports and prep classes. However, all of these students continually overlook and forget to place time of self-care whether it being sketching a picture or simply just watching Netflix. For starters, self-care opens a window of opportunity for students to understand the meaning of reflection. When a student sits down and really put aside some caring time for themself they stumble upon some valuable lessons. Students come to terms with their emotions and learn to understand mindfulness. Plus, just recently, scientists are saying that self-care can help students study better and improve their mentality towards school. Secondly, self-care can be fun. The working class and high school students put a lot of stress on themselves and sometimes get sucked into their work to have any fun for themselves. Therefore with time set aside for self-care, people can experience the much-needed fun they need in their life. As a high school student myself, I learn to take the opportunity of self-care mostly when I am stressed. I sometimes read or write to understand myself and to push aside my feeling of anxiety. When I write, I learn about my emotions and just by how I write I learned how I am feeling whether I may feel sad, stressed, or even happy. On the other hand, when I read, I get lost into my book and I learned to calm myself and push aside my sadness or my stresses. Likewise, people should participate in self-care not only for fun but to learn more about themselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Improving your Vocabulary

Making the Right Choices

The Genie Paradox